For all the missers of Mingles and lovers of the humble After Eight, this is a festive treat you would be simply silly not to have! Put an extra indulgent touch to your Christmas movie time with this easy popcorn treat.
To make at home, you will need the following:
- 250g of chocolate (we used white, but you can have whatever tickles your fancy)
- 2 candy canes, plus an extra for dusting
- Peppermint extract
- At least 1 packets of Sweet & Salty Portlebay Popcorn, 75g
- Bash up the candy canes into chunks, like they’ve just told you “Gravy has no place in a Christmas dinner”. This is best done in a plastic sandwich bag using a rolling pin to break up the pieces. Make sure you leave enough nice big chunks to decorate the top!
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, checking it at 1 minutes intervals. Shouldn’t take any longer than 2 minutes!
- Once it’s lovely and runny, put 2 teaspoons of Peppermint Extract into the melted chocolate (or to taste), and stir in.
4. Empty your Sweet & Salty popcorn into a large mixing bowl, and pour in your peppermint mixture!
Now all you do is give a good stir, and split into bowls, or keep it all to yourself in the mixing bowl, it is Christmas after all!). Use the last of the candy cane chunks to decorate the top!
If you’re not a fan of mint, try melting up some Terry’s Chocolate Orange, or slathering in Nutella for an even more luxurious treat! However you’re enjoying this festive season, make sure you’re eating only the very best!