Popcorn granola? YES PLEASE! The very cool and talented vegan recipe blogger Steph, also known as StephiDFitness, created this wonderful recipe which we think is super fun and guaranteed to help shift those January blues!
Popcorn Granola and Granola Balls Recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 portions or 12 balls
Storage: Sealed container (for the granola) or fridge (for the balls)
- 150g rolled oats
- 50g almonds – lightly crushed (or other nuts)
- 40g hazelnuts – lightly crushed (or other nuts)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 20g dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- 20g dried goji berries (or other dried fruit)
- 25g Sweet and Salted Portlebay Popcorn
For Granola Balls:
- 200g pitted dates (blended into a paste)
- 3 tbsp. golden syrup
- Pre-heat your oven to 150*C (fan oven)
- Add the oats, almonds, hazelnuts, oil and maple syrup and stir until thoroughly mixed
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the oat mixture and bake for about 15 minutes until brown (make sure it doesn’t burn!)
- Then, in a bowl, stir in the rest of the ingredients
- Enjoy warm or cooled!
For granola balls:
6. Mix in the dates and golden syrup until all the dates are coated and sticky
7. Use your hands to form balls by squashing the mixture together
8. Optional: dip in vegan chocolate to finish and enjoy!
Do checkout The Vegan Recipe Blog, for many more sweet and savoury vegan friendly treats created by Steph! Be prepared to be made very very hungry! Also checkout her super inspiring Instagram page here!