Recently, Portlebay Popcorn asked me to create a recipe with their popcorn, and I just had to say yes! Popcorn is one of my favourite snacks and their delicious and innovative flavours were just too good to not try. I wanted to use one of the more unusual flavours and what is more exciting than lemon sherbet popcorn? Therefore, these chocolate lemon biscuit bites were formed.
I am not going to lie to you, this was one of those recipes where I just made it up as I went along and it turned out pretty darn good. A cheesecake style biscuit base with a chewy lemon cashew middle and a crispy chocolate topping. But of course the crème de la crème of this recipe is the lemon sherbet popcorn, that proudly sits on top.
Ingredients: Makes 9 bites
- 100g Cashew Butter
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 3 tsp Lemon Extract (can adapt to taste)
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Flour (or Ground Almonds works well too)
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Digestive biscuits
- 75g Butter
- Start by mixing together the cashew butter, coconut, lemon extract and coconut flour in a bowl.
- If the mixture is a little thick you can add a splash of water and mix again.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water – be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- In a separate bowl crush the digestives with a rolling pin until they resemble a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add to the biscuit crumb. Mix together until the biscuit is coated in butter and sticking together.
- Evenly distribute the biscuit mix between 9 round silicon moulds – press it into the bottom.
- Next add 1tsp of cashew mixture onto the biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Finally add a spoonful of melted chocolate to the top and then a sprinkle of Portlebay Lemon Sherbet Popcorn.
- Leave to set in the freezer for about 30 mins before tucking in!