Bored of your regular smashed avocado on toast? Fancy kicking your pancake game up a notch? Using no flour and no sugar, these banana oat pancakes are a barely naughty alternative to your regular Sunday brunch!
For 1 person you will need:
• 1 banana
• 1 egg
• 65g of rolled oats
• ½ a teaspoon of baking powder
• A pinch of salt
• A pinch of cinnamon (depending on your cinnamon taste levels)
• Whatever you would like to serve! We used maple syrup, fresh raspberries and cherries, and a sprinkling of Cinnamon Swirl Popcorn.
• Use either a blender or tonnes of elbow grease to mush up the banana and egg, and then use your remaining strength to mix in the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
• It can be as smooth as you like it – we used a blender so it was silky smooth, but I’m sure it would be just as nice with a few chunks of banana inside!
• Let the batter have a little time out for 10-20 minutes so it can thicken.
• Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, and plop in a blob of coconut oil (or any oil you prefer).
• Fry generous spoonful’s of batter on both sides until golden brown, and good enough to wolf down in one bite.
• Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and lashing of popcorn and fruit!
Easy peasey lemon squeezy!